Planning a summer vacation, but confused as to what to carry in your makeup bags? Do carry a cleanser, toner and moisturiser along with some blotting papers to dab off excess oil to keep your face clean, say experts.Saba Khan, head of education, Make-up Designory, India, and makeup experts from The Balm Cosmetics, India, have doled out summer essentials to carry in your travel kits:
• Firstly, begin with a good cleanser, toner and moisturiser and a gel-based sunscreen which will not clog pores and feels weightless on the skin.
• Use a good face primer according to your skin type. Let each of the products get absorbed into the skin so that the makeup doesn’t slide off. Then, start by using the right shade of concealer under the eyes and over minor discolorations.
• After this, use a matte finish foundation with a damp sponge. This technique works well for oily skin. Follow this up with a loose matte finish powder to set everything.
• Finish off with a natural colour blush, a brow pencil to fill in the brows and a gel-based brown pencil to define the eyes.
• Use a highlighter on the eyes and the cheekbones to accentuate the face, a water-resistant mascara and a summer nude lip shade to complete the look.
• Blotting paper to dab off excess oil at any time of the day without altering makeup.
• A good brow mascara to keep the brow in place all day.
• A tinted foundation with an SPF to keep skin feeling hydrated, sun protected and feeling weightless without using too many products.
• A semi-matte nude pink lipstick which can be worn as a cream blush and eye shadow and a lipstick.
• Another tip to make your lipstick last for a longer time is to apply a little foundation and powder just before using your lip pencil/ lipstick. Apply another thin layer of powder over it and apply your lipstick again.